Stepney Jewish Day Centre
The centre is open to anyone living in east London and the City and has been designed to meet the needs of older people in the community.
Everyone is welcome, regardless of their level of religious observance, and we offer a therapeutic programme of activities for anyone who needs special care, is suffering from a bereavement or isolation.
We offer a wide range of activities including:
- kosher shop
- hairdressing, chiropody, optician, audiologist
- arts and crafts activities
- keep fit classes and relaxation
- poetry and discussion groups
- card games and regular organised outings
- entertainment is provided every day except Friday
- Transport to and from the centre can be arranged, subject to availability and dependent on an individual's circumstances
Open from Monday to Thursday 9.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 9.30am - 1.30pm.
Members are served a hot three-course kosher lunch every day and special diets can be catered for.
Anyone who wishes to become a member will enjoy a guest day, free of charge, and will have the opportunity to meet staff, our volunteers and other members. You can refer yourself or a relative or friend.
For more information, please call the centre on 020 7790 6441