work permit

Next event

Run to the beat

Run to the beat

Run to the beat for Jewish Care...


volunteer news

Whether you are in full-time education, working full or part-time, taking a career break or reaching retirement, you can make a difference to other people’s lives.


Employee Blog

Read how one of our staff members, Jude Lee, feels about her experience of working at Jewish Care.


A Work Permit is now called a Certificate of Sponsorship.

We can consider applications for skilled positions from people who would like to explore the option of sponsorship. If you are from outside the EU, we must sponsor you during your stay in the United Kingdom.

Our limited licence enables us, on occasions, to sponsor skilled workers. The skilled worker category, which is also called Tier 2, is for people coming to the United Kingdom with a skilled job offer to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.

To be sponsored you must meet a number of criteria:

  • The job must be at NQF (National Qualification Framework) Level 3 or above
  • We must pay you the appropriate salary for the job
  • We need to complete an application which includes your salary, skill level, and the reason why we have not been able to fill the vacancy with a worker from within the EU.

We can offer sponsorship for the following role:

  • Nurses

Please note that we are unable to offer sponsorship to carers.

Sponsorship is a two-step process:

1. First you need to be issued with a certificate of sponsorship.

2. Then you must apply for permission to enter the UK if you are outside the United Kingdom, or permission to stay if you are already inside the United Kingdom.

A certificate of sponsorship is not an actual certificate or paper document. It is a unique reference number that Jewish Care issues to you to enable you to apply to the next stage.

It is important to note that there is a fee payable to the Home Office at both stages of the application:

  • The cost for a sponsorship licence is currently £184.00
  • The fee for a Tier 2 application is:

For standard postal applications to the Home Office is £578

For applications made in person directly to the Home Office is £953

The fact that a certificate of sponsorship has been assigned does not guarantee that you will succeed in getting permission to enter the UK or stay here. You must also meet certain requirements for the relevant tier and category, and apply for permission to enter or stay.

For more information on sponsorship, please visit the UKBA website at:

If you have any queries or require further information please email us at

Staff News

We publish Staff News quarterly to keep in touch with all our staff so they can stay up to date about the latest news and information about what's going on at Jewish Care


Contact us

For more information please contact our helpline:

Recruitment Hotline:
020 8922 2446

Or email us directly on:

Or write to us at:
Amélie House, Maurice and Vivienne Wohl Campus, 221 Golders Green Road, London, N11 9DQ