How to give

There are many different ways you can give to Jewish Care. Here's the lowdown on what to do next...

Direct debit

Regular giving by direct debit enables us to plan our work more effectively and increases the impact of your support.

Download a Direct Debit Form then print it, complete it and return it to us at:

Fundraising Department
Jewish Care
Amélie House
Maurice and Vivienne Wohl Campus
221 Golders Green Road
London, NW11 9DQ

For Young Patrons, download a Young Patrons Direct Debit Form.

Simcha donations

If there's a Jewish Care service that's close to your heart, why not ask friends and family to donate instead of giving presents at your simcha? 

A simcha donation is a great way to acknowledge a birthday, bar or batmitzvah, wedding/civil partnership, anniversary or just to say thank you to someone special.  More importantly, you will be helping us make a real difference to thousands of people and their families. 

Go to DONATE ONLINE and have the following information ready :

  • your address and telephone number
  • the type of simcha being celebrated
  • the name and contact details of the person/persons celebrating the simcha

You can also send simcha donations by post. Please remember to enclose a covering letter with the information above and send it to:

Simcha Donations

Jewish Care
Amélie House
Maurice and Vivienne Wohl Campus
221 Golders Green Road
NW11 9DQ

For further information about giving a simcha donation, please call us on 020 8922 2600 or email us.

In memory

Please CLICK HERE to visit our giving in memory page.

Giving in memory is a special and meaningful way for you to honour the memory of a loved one. Every gift in memory enables Jewish Care to continue to touch the lives of 10,000 people every week.

For more information on giving in memory, please email

Corporate giving

There are many ways your business can help Jewish Care.

*Raise your profile in the community
*Entertain clients and colleagues
*Help make a difference

Whatever the size of your organisation or the level of commitment you can give, getting involved with Jewish Care can benefit your business.
Sponsor a fundraising event
Attend a fundraising event
Employee fundraising
Corporate donations
Support us through Payroll Giving  
Corporate Employee volunteering

Choose us as your 'Charity of the year' or charity partner. Please contact 020 8922 2822 for more info.

Donating shares

Donating shares to Jewish Care is one of the most tax-effective ways of giving, as you won't have to pay any capital gains tax on the shares you donate and you can claim income tax relief too. 12 million people in the UK own shares, with a combined value of £200 billion. If only a tiny fraction of these were donated to charity, imagine what a difference it could make.

Should I donate my shares or sell them and donate the proceeds?

If you decide to sell the shares and donate the proceeds, Jewish Care can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25p for every £1 donated) on your donation. However, if you decide to donate your shares, you can claim personal tax relief on the value of the shares.

What shares attract income tax relief?

Qualifying shares are broadly those that are publicly quoted. Their value is, therefore, readily known. This means that most shares are eligible.

Can I donate my unlisted shares?

Yes, unlisted shares are those that are not publicly traded on the open market, for example, shares in privately owned companies.  Income tax relief is not available on gifts of non-qualifying shares, although any capital gain on the shares may be exempt from capital gains tax.

I have lost my share certificate – can I still donate them to Jewish Care?

You will need to get a replacement certificate before donating your shares. The company’s registrars will be able to help you do this. You will find their details on dividend vouchers or other information relating to your shares. Similarly, if a sole or joint shareholder has died you will need to contact the company’s registrar who will be able to advise you on the correct form of action before donating your shares.

What will Jewish Care do with my shares?

Jewish Care will sell the donated shares and use the proceeds to fund our services for vulnerable people in our community. We do, however, always respect our donors’ wishes and are happy to discuss this further.

We cannot accept responsibility for share certificates sent in the post, but your shares will still be registered in your name until the transfer is completed.

For further information on donating shares to Jewish Care, please call 020 8922 2827 or email us.

Please note that although we are happy to answer any queries you may have about the procedures of making a transfer, Jewish Care is not registered to give financial advice.

You will find explanations and examples of the tax implications on the HM Revenue & Customs website. If you would like advice on your own situation, please consult a financial advisor.

Gift Aid

With just a few clicks you can increase the value of your donation to Jewish Care by 25% at no extra cost to you.

Gift Aid increases the value of your donation to Jewish Care by allowing us to reclaim from the Government the basic rate tax you have already paid on your gift. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim extra relief on your donations.

How Gift Aid works

The Gift Aid scheme is for gifts of money by UK taxpayers only. Jewish Care reclaims the basic rate tax from the Government on the 'gross' equivalent of your donation, i.e. the amount before basic rate tax was deducted. Basic rate tax is currently 20 per cent, so this means;

if you give £10 using Gift Aid,
it’s worth £12.50 to Jewish Care.

Find out more

To find out more you should consult your accountant and if the result is that you would like to make a donation with gift aid to Jewish Care, please do contact us on 020 8922 2600.

For further information please visit the HMRC website.

Fill out the form

To complete your Gift Aid declaration, Download the Gift Aid Form then print it and post it to us at:

Fundraising Department
Jewish Care
Amélie House
Maurice and Vivienne Wohl Campus
221 Golders Green Road
London, NW11 9DQ