Coordinator/ Facilitator for Parkison's Social GroupCommitment 2-3 hours per month Location Michael Sobell Community Centre - Golders Green
Coordinator/ Facilitator for Parkison's social group
Group Coordinator and Facilitator for a Social Group (NOT a support group) for People living with Parkinson’s and their Carers.
Once a month attending the sessions, other times during the month keeping members informed of meeting dates, arranging guest speakers/visitors.
- To work with another Facilitator/Coordinator to arrange regular monthly sessions with a small group of members – keeping lists of all members, letting members know dates and details of the sessions
- To arrange programming – eg invite speakers/entertainers
- To help facilitate the group with social discussions
- Work with the Community Support and Social Work Team
Skills and qualities required:
- Some admin skills
- Friendly and welcoming personality
- An ability to hold/lead conversations
- Skills in engaging with people
- Willingness to undertake Disability Awareness Training
Monthly 2-3 hours for the group plus additional time for calling people and arranging guest speakers.