Day Centre VolunteersCommitment Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays, preferably 10.30am – 2.30pm, although half a day would also be possible (10.30am - 12.00pm or 1.00 - 2.30pm) Location Leonard Sainer Centre, Edgware, HA8 7LF
We are looking for additional volunteers to assist with the daily programme of activities at the Leonard Sainer Centre. Based in Edgware, The Leonard Sainer Centre is for people who are living with memory impairment or who have been diagnosed with a form of dementia. It offers activities, care and support with the aim of enhancing the overall wellbeing of people living with dementia. At the centre, professional staff work in close partnership with volunteers, helping to offer a warm, friendly and Jewish environment for all members to enjoy.
- Greeting members upon arrival
- Making tea and coffee for members
- Chatting with members
- Supporting and encouraging members during activity sessions, e.g., jigsaws, art, exercises
- Help serve lunch and sit and chat with members during lunch
- Assist staff with room and activity preparation
- Being able to bake, run music sessions or play cards with members would be an added bonus!
Skills & Qualities Required
- Good communicator
- Friendly, enthusiastic & approachable
- Mindful of confidentiality
- Cooperative and flexible
- Good team player
- Act professionally and as an ambassador for Jewish Care