Music Group FacilitatorCommitment Minimum 2 hours per week on a mutually agreed day of the week. Location Sidney Corob House, 122-126 Fortune Green Road, West Hampstead, NW6 1DN
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to plan and facilitate a singing and/or music group at Sidney Corob House. Sidney Corob House is a mental health residential home for people aged 50+, which offers its residents different levels of care to suit their individual needs.
Planning and facilitating music and/or singing sessions with residents:
- Plan session content
- Perform and encourage residents to get involved
- The ability to play a musical instrument or sing - you do not need to be a professional musician/singer
- Open to working with people with mental health needs
- A patient and understanding nature
- Friendly and approachable
- Good communicator and listener
- Mindful of Confidentiality and Safeguarding issues (training will be provided)
- Act professionally and as an ambassador for Jewish Care
- Cooperative, flexible and a team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Person-centred approach
You could benefit from this volunteering role in a number of ways, including:
- Knowing that you are helping vulnerable people
- Meeting new people from a variety of backgrounds
- Being part of a team
- Gaining skills and experience and adding to your CV
All relevant training will be provided.
Jewish Care provides care homes, community centres, day centres and services to the Jewish community, including the elderly and people with dementia and disabilities. We touch the lives of over 10,000 people every week and have several thousand volunteers that support the amazing work we do.