Gardening VolunteerCommitment Minimum 2 hours per week on a mutually agreed day of the week Location Sidney Corob House, 122-126 Fortune Green Road, West Hampstead
We are working on improving and updating the Sidney Corob House communal garden into a more vibrant and relaxing area; we are looking for a volunteer's support to start planting new flowerbeds with the residents of the home.
Work with staff and residents to:
- Maintain the already established garden
- Discuss, plan and plant new plants
- Experience/knowledge of gardening - in a personal or professional context
- Open to working with adults with mental health needs
- A patient and understanding nature
- Reliable, punctual & committed
- Friendly, enthusiastic & approachable
- Good communicator & listener
- Mindful of Confidentiality and Safeguarding issues (training will be provided)
- Act professionally and as an ambassador for Jewish Care
- Cooperative, flexible and a team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Person-centred approach
You could benefit from this volunteering role in a variety of ways, including:
- Knowing that you are helping vulnerable people
- Meeting new people from a variety of backgrounds
- Being part of a team
- Adding skills and experience to your CV
All relevant training will be provided.
Jewish Care provides care homes, community centres, day centres and services to the Jewish community, including the elderly and people with dementia and disabilities. We touch the lives of over 10,000 people every week and have several thousand volunteers that support the amazing work we do.