Literacy TutorsCommitment A few hours a week on a mutually agreeable day, ongoing Location Various locations in North and East London
Do you have English Teaching experience? Can you commit to a 6-month period? If so, you could be who we're looking for!
We need Literacy Trainers for our care home staff. Here at Jewish Care, we pride ourselves on always looking to develop staff and you will be a large part of the ambitious Literacy Project that we have embarked upon. You could make a real difference to the lives of the staff and also to the residents that the staff support.
We are looking for people who have:
• Experience of teaching English as a second language or teaching adults
• Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, managers and volunteers
You will be:
• Working one-to-one or small group with identified staff on their literacy – verbal and written
• Working one-to-one or small group to enable staff to complete relevant documentation
• Attending volunteer meetings to report back to the group and offering any learning or recommendations for the project
This is a good opportunity to utilise your skills to help the care and hotel workers to improve their future prospects by learning more English and also to improve their social skills. Our team of volunteers is friendly, committed and really work hard to make their learners feel valued. You will get the opportunity to meet and learn from each other at our meetings; use your teaching skills and support staff to achieve their targets and build their confidence.
All relevant training will be provided.
Jewish Care provides care homes, community centres, day centres and services to the Jewish community, including the elderly and people with dementia and disabilities. We touch the lives of over 10,000 people every week and have several thousand volunteers that support the amazing work we do.