Singing for Memory VolunteersCommitment Wednesdays from 1.45-4.00pm. Location Otto Schiff Care Home in Golders Green
We are currently looking for volunteers to help run the weekly Singing for Memory sessions at Otto Schiff Care Home in Golders Green on Wednesdays from 1.45-4.00pm.
Singing is not only an enjoyable activity, it can also provide a way for people with dementia, along with their carers, to express themselves and socialise with others in a fun and supportive group. Hidden in the fun are activities which build on the well-known preserved memory for song and music in the brain. Even when many memories are hard to retrieve, music is especially easy to recall.
- Set up, provide and clear away refreshments
- Meet and greet attendees
- Interact with participants during session
- Support the facilitator in running the session.
We are looking for volunteers with the following personal attributes:
• Have an understanding/knowledge of dementia or be willing to learn
• Reliable, punctual & committed
• Friendly, enthusiastic & approachable
• Good communicator & listener
• Patient and empathetic
• Mindful of Confidentiality and Safeguarding issues (training will be provided)
• Act professionally and as an ambassador for Jewish Care
• Cooperative, flexible and a team player
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Person-centred approach
You will benefit from this volunteering role in the many ways, including:
- Knowing that you are helping vulnerable people
- Adding skills and experience to your CV
- Meeting new people from a variety of backgrounds
- Being part of a team
All relevant training will be provided.
Jewish Care provides community centres, care homes, day centres and services to the Jewish community, including the elderly and people with dementia or disabilities. We touch the lives of over 10,000 people every week and have several thousand volunteers that support the amazing work we do.