Content WriterCommitment Home-based role with flexible days and hours and deadlines agreed well in advance. Location Home based - Meetings in Golders Green 1-2 times per year.
Jewish Care Interact is an online resource for all things independent living and ageing well in the UK Jewish community. We are looking for a volunteer Content Writer to research and write informative articles for this website that help older and disabled Jewish people lead independent, socially fulfilling and meaningful lives.
Expertise or interest in a specific subject area that is relevant to Jewish Care Interact is desirable. Subject areas include:
- Active ageing (e.g., lifelong learning & other things to do after retirement)
- Living with disability & health issues (e.g., learning difficulties such as autism, Jewish genetic disorders, etc.)
- Residential/home/supported/hospital care (e.g., knowing your rights and staying well in hospital)
- Jewish life and culture (e.g., bereavement and Judaism, Jewish humour)
The anticipated length of each article will be discussed upon assignment, but the average word count could range anywhere from 500 to 2500 words, depending on the complexity of the topic. Volunteers will need to be able to submit their work as a computer file that can easily be opened by the Editor (Microsoft Word preferred).
- Access to own computer
- Excellent research & writing skills including providing credible, verified sources and citations
- Articulate (as interviewing skills may also be necessary)
- Able to adhere to deadlines
Home-based role with flexible days and hours and deadlines agreed well in advance. Meetings in Golders Green 1-2 times per year.
All relevant training will be provided.
Jewish Care provides care homes, community centres, day centres and services to the Jewish community, including the elderly and people with dementia and disabilities. We touch the lives of over 10,000 people every week and have several thousand volunteers that support the amazing work we do.