Memory Way Café Volunteers - Golders GreenCommitment Every other Thursday from 2.00-4.45pm. Location Otto Schiff Care Home in Golders Green,
Memory Way Café is a group for carers, together with their friend or family members living with dementia, to enjoy activities and socialise in a relaxed and confidential environment. Sessions include guest speakers and professionals offering advice and coping strategies.
We are looking for volunteers to support us in the successful running of this group at Otto Schiff Care Home in Golders Green, which takes place every other Thursday from 2.00-4.45pm.
- Prepare, serve and clear away refreshments
- Interact with participants
- Take the lead from the session facilitator
We are looking for volunteers with the following personal attributes:
• Knowledge and understanding of dementia helpful but not essential as training will be provided.
• Reliable, punctual & committed
• Friendly, enthusiastic & approachable
• Good communicator & listener
• Understanding, respectful, patient, non-judgemental & empathetic
• Mindful of Confidentiality and Safeguarding issues (training will be provided)
• Act professionally and as an ambassador for Jewish Care
• Cooperative, flexible and a team player
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Person-centred approach
You will benefit from this volunteering role in the many ways, including:
- Knowing that you are helping vulnerable people
- Adding skills and experience to your CV
- Meeting new people from a variety of backgrounds
- Being part of a team
All relevant training will be provided.
Jewish Care provides community centres, care homes, day centres and services to the Jewish community, including the elderly and people with dementia or disabilities. We touch the lives of over 10,000 people every week and have several thousand volunteers that support the amazing work we do.