Jewish Care welcomes Mitzvah Day Volunteers20 Nov 2018
Jewish Care welcomed visitors from across the community to care homes and community centres for Mitzvah Day 2018.
Activities in our resources included visits from:-
- Hampstead Garden Suburb young families and PJ Library visited residents of Jewish Care’s Clore Manor home
- Wohl IJPS Israeli Dance Troupe visited and danced for residents of Jewish Care’s Vi and Johns Rubens House
- Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain, Harun Kahn, joined volunteers from Redbridge United Synagogue and Jewish Care’s Redbridge Community Centre collecting essential items for the homeless shelter
- Jewish Care’s Vi & John Rubens House residents enjoyed a Sunshine to Seniors Party organised at the home by volunteers from East London & Essex Liberal Synagogue
- Employee Volunteers from KPMG, PWC as well as students from King Alfred School spent the day helping at Jewish Care’s Michael Sobell Community Centre with discussion groups, Tai Chi and enjoyed chatting with them over lunch.
- Children from Woodside Park Shul Cheder baked with residents of Jewish Care’s Rubens House and children from Akiva School have made plant pots for residents of Rubens House.
Community Engagement Manager, Richard Shone, said, “It was fantastic to see the volunteers across the generations getting together for Mitzvah Day again this year. Intergeneration connections are so important for young and old alike. Mitzvah Day provides the opportunity for new connections to be made.
“We do, of course, welcome volunteers all year round to get involved with activities and help to support our residents in our care homes, members in community centres and older people living in the wider community across London and the South East.”
For more information about volunteering with Jewish Care, please contact email@example.com or 020 8922 2405.