Leave a Gift in your Will
A quarter of the money we need to raise to continue our vital work comes from Gifts in people’s Wills
Every year, we need to raise £16 million so that we can continue to support those who need us most. £1 in every £4 we raise is thanks to the generosity of people who kindly decided to remember Jewish Care in their Wills.
Your gift, whatever the size, will help us ensure we can continue to deliver high quality care to vulnerable members of our community and their families, for years to come. Without gifts in Wills, we simply couldn’t help all those who need us. As we all live longer, the need for Jewish Care will only grow and your legacy can help ensure our services continue.
Your legacy will make a real difference.
Some of our services receive no government funding and are completely reliant on the generosity of our community. A gift in your Will could help us continue to provide these vital services:
- Jewish Care Direct Helpline - often the first port of call for someone in need of help and support
- The Family Carers Team - providing someone to listen, much needed advice and guidance for all those caring for a loved one
- The Social Work and Community Support Team - enabling people to make a meaningful difference to their lives, with dignity and choice
- Meals on Wheels - not only providing a hot, Kosher meal to those who need it but our volunteer drivers may be the only friendly face our clients see from one day to the next
Free Will Writing Service
Making a Will can be expensive and daunting, so many of us put off doing so. However, it’s important to make a Will as it’s the only way to be certain that the people and causes you care about are looked after and your wishes known. Jewish Care’s free Will Writing Service offers a free and simple way to plan ahead, giving you peace of mind for the future.
For more information and to book your appointment please click on the drop down box below.
If you would like more information about leaving a gift in your Will to Jewish Care or about our free Will Writing Service (below), please contact Jude 020 8922 2840 or email email@example.com
Free Will Writing Service
National Free Wills Network
Our partnership with National Free Wills Network gives you the opportunity to make or update your Will in a way that best suits you, bringing you together with a large network of local solicitors who offer Will writing so that drawing up or updating your Will is easy, convenient and free. An experienced, solicitor will write a simple single or mirror Will at no cost to you. Just give us your details and consent to pass them on to National Free Wills Network. They will then contact you with information on how to proceed, including a list of six local participating solicitors for you to choose from.
Do I have to leave a gift in my Will to Jewish Care if I use the Service?
Many people who use the Service choose to leave us a legacy but there is no obligation to do so. However, a gift of any size will help us ensure we can continue to deliver high quality care to vulnerable members of our community and their families for years to come.
“I had been thinking about writing a will for a long time but had put it off. Yet the process was simple and easy and my Will was drawn up after meeting the solicitor, giving me peace of mind. I chose to include a gift to Jewish Care but felt no pressure to do so. My advice to others would be don’t delay this important decision as it’s stress-free and easy to arrange”.
Sue Cash, Will Writing Service user/client
For more information, or to use the Service please call Jude on 020 8922 2840 and the email firstname.lastname@example.org
List of solicitors
Alternatively, we can also suggest the names of solicitors who can help you to write your Will. You can then be in contact directly and your Will would be written at a cost agreed between you and the solicitor you choose.
Our Commitment to you
The Jewish Care Legacy Charter
Making a Will is the only way to ensure your family and friends and any charities you care about, are provided for in the way you wish. By leaving a Gift to Jewish Care you are helping ensure we can continue to provide care and support for future generations of the Jewish community.
- We understand that your family and friends will always come first and respect your decisions.
- We are committed not to pressure and you can change your mind whenever you wish.
- You can tell us if you want to but do not need to and we won’t keep asking.
- We completely respect your privacy and will never ask you how much you intend to leave.
- We are committed to using your gift wisely and effectively to provide the best care and support in the community.
- We would be delighted to give you the opportunity to be connected with the work we do through your gift should you wish and view our services and the work we do.
- If you want your gift to be spent in an area that is special to you we will arrange it.
Giving in memory
For more information on giving in memory, please email email@example.com.
If you would like more information about leaving a gift in your Will to Jewish Care or about our free Will Writing Service, please contact Jude on 020 8922 2840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org