If you’d like to talk to us about your company or organisation getting involved in volunteering on a more organised basis, we’d love to hear from you.
Give our volunteering team a call on 020 8922 2405, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join in the conversation #employeevolunteering @Jewish_Care on Twitter.
Connect with us on facebook, share your thoughts or tag yourself in a photograph!
What is Employee Volunteering?
Many companies' Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes actively encourage their workforce to volunteer in the charitable sector.
This can be through organised team events, the development of individual volunteering roles or pro bono professional services. It is a cost effective vehicle for delivering teamwork to the workplace, bringing benefits to volunteers and measurable good will to any business.
- The role of the company is to give staff the time off during the working week.
- We will put together a programme that best suits you. We will tailor the project to include the skills and interests of the team members.
- Our wide geographical reach allows us to accommodate you at the most appropriate Jewish Care resource.
- We encourage the use of printed company clothing, e.g. branded t-shirts.
- Our resource staff members will meet and greet the team attending and will host the day's events.
- We will ask the employees to complete feedback evaluation forms and would ask you for consent to use any photographic materials taken on the day.
How can I contribute my skills and talents?
- Volunteers with IT skills can teach our clients, some of whom are visually impaired, to use Windows, Excel, Skype, email, surf the net, etc.
- Volunteer pro bono professional services
- Volunteers wanting to share travel experiences with residents through virtual interactive tours.
- Share your love of music or discuss an interest in politics with our residents and service users, play board games or cards.
- Our flexible structure allows us to create focused volunteering opportunities that meet your interests and schedule.
- Training will be given to any individual who would like to take on a role that requires specialist training.
Baking, indoor bulb planting, making table decorations, running a quiz, bingo, Wii, playing music, karaoke, manicures, board games, indoor bowls, dancing, painting garden furniture and gardening.
We are always looking for more partnerships, so please get in touch if you think your company may be interested.
We currently work with the following organisations:
- Barclays Bank
- Pentland Group
- Hermes Investment Management
- Clifford Chance
- Canary Wharf Group
- Citi Group
- The Langham Hotel
- The Discovery Channel
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ipsos MORI
- Berwin Leighton Paisner
- Research Now
It was a great experience, I enjoyed the day."
James, The Cabinet Office
Spending a day with a group of people aged over 90, has changed my perspective of older people – lovely experience which I recommend.
Priya, Berwin Leighton Paisner
A personal highlight for me was interacting with the residents. I was amazed by the intelligence and communication of some. We definitely found it an eye-opening and team bonding experience."
We feel that we have gained from the experience and hope that we were able to give a little back."
Maria, Department of Work and Pensions