The Ronson Family Community Centre
Phase 2: Opening in 2021
At the heart of Sandringham is our new, vibrant Jewish community centre. The Ronson Family Community Centre is a hub, not just for the community who live at Sandringham, but for people of all ages from the wider Jewish community.
Members and visitors enter through the spacious walkway, which houses the central social elements of life at Sandringham. It connects the care home, assisted living, independent living and day services.
The centre offers a programme of events and activities during the day, evenings and weekends to all ages. Activities will include exercise classes, social groups, adult learning and health and wellbeing services.
Members and visitors have access to all the state-of-the-art facilities.
- Café and restaurant, open six days a week
- Shop selling kosher food, gifts and household items
- Multifunctional spaces which will house Synagogue services on Shabbat and high holy days as well as a range of activities for the community during the week
- Health, wellbeing and beauty services:
- Exercise studio (that may offer classes such as Zumba, yoga, and more)
- Hairdresser and beauty treatments
- Therapeutic services (such as chiropody)
Our extensive day programme for older people includes a range of activities designed to keep physically and mentally active and connected to the community. Activities can include computer sessions, reminiscence discussion groups and arts and crafts as well as afternoon entertainment.
Day programme for people living with dementia
Our community centre also offers a programme of activities and support for people living with dementia and their families. This is located away from the main hustle and bustle of the day centre. It has its own reception, activity room and multifunctional space.
Should members of the day centre require services of the dementia day facility, this is available to them.